Home Buyer's Protection
Buying a home is unfortunately not a simple or quick process.
It's well known that it can be one of life's most stressful experiences more than changing jobs, getting married and even having a baby! Delays and complications can appear out of the blue, some of which suddenly mean you’re no longer buying the home you’d set your heart on.
Our Home Buyer’s Protection gives you peace of mind that you, and anyone you’re buying a property with, can recover the upfront expenses if any of the following happen:
- Your offer is gazumped by £1,000 or more
- The seller takes the property off the market
- Your mortgage lender's survey insists work needs to be carried out which costs more than 10% of the agreed sale price
- Your mortgage lender's valuation of the property is less than 95% of the agreed sale price
- Unexpected changes in your employment such as redundancy or having to relocate
- You're diagnosed with a terminal illness or pass away
We hope your purchase goes through as smoothly and as stress free as possible, but if it doesn't we’ve got you covered for 120 days.
- Up to £800 for conveyancing fees - including the amount charged for Local Authority Searches
- Up to £250 for mortgage arrangement fees / lender's fees
- Up to £550 for survey fees and valuation fees
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can’t be offered or a claim paid. For example, if you withdraw from the purchase of the property for reasons other than those covered and if you deliberately and knowingly cause a delay or behave in a manner that results in the failed purchase.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Home Buyer's Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Home Buyer's Protection policy summary.