To be eligible to take out our Home Buyer's Protection we ask that you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have received written acceptance for the purchase of the property
- Have submitted a mortgage application or instructed a solicitor within the last 7 days
- Are using a solicitor or licensed conveyancing company
- Haven’t had any surveys carried out on the property you’re purchasing
- Be unaware of any circumstances which may result in making a claim under this policy
- Don’t have any unspent criminal convictions (other than motoring convictions or any offences which are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974)
- Or any member of your family living with you hasn’t had insurance cancelled, declined, declared void or had terms applied by another insurance provider
We ask that the property being purchased:
- Is located in England or Wales and is of permanent construction
- Isn’t subject to a contract race or sealed bids
To be eligible to make a claim due to redundancy you must:
- Be in permanent employment
- Have been in permanent and continuous employment for 6 months before the start date of the policy
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, if you were aware of any circumstances that could lead to a claim being made and aware of a previous survey being carried up to 90 days prior to the start date that may give cause for the purchase to fail.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Home Buyer's Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Home Buyer's Protection policy summary.