Our Mortgage Protection is available for purchase, but only to cover accident and sickness. If you're an existing customer, we'd like to assure you that you're not affected by the changes in availability of these products and can continue to claim in line with the terms and conditions of your current policy.
To be eligible to take out MortgageProtector we ask that:
- You're at least 18 and under 64 living in the UK
- You're employed for at least 16 hours a week, every week
- Your work is not temporary, casual, seasonal, irregular, for a period of training or apprenticeship
- You’re making payments on a mortgage agreement that’s been in place for less than 30 days or are about to.
- You’re up to date with your mortgage repayments, if you’ve an existing mortgage agreement
- You’re named on the mortgage agreement and you and your immediate family lives at the property for which your mortgage agreement is held
- You’re not aware of any circumstances which mean you’d need to make a claim.
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, unemployment you were aware of at the policy start date and if you resign or you accept voluntary unemployment.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Mortgage Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Insurance Product Information Document for Mortgage Protection.
This Payment Protection Insurance is optional. There are other providers of Payment Protection Insurance and other products designed to protect you against loss of income. For impartial information about insurance, please visit www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
A typical monthly cost for Paymentshield Mortgage Protection is £5.05 for every £100 of monthly benefit. The monthly cost includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate. The cost is based on our full accident, sickness and unemployment option with 30-day back-to-day-one cover, 12 months' benefit and no deferred premium payment period, protecting a monthly repayment of £620.