Tenants Liability

Tenants Liability

No matter how careful we are, accidents in the home can happen at any time. For home owners, repairing any damage should be pretty straightforward if they've home insurance. But what about those who are renting a property?

As part of their tenancy agreement, a tenant may be liable for covering the cost of repairing accidental damage they've caused to their landlord's property.

Our Tenants Liability cover provides protection for tenants in the event of accidental damage to their landlord's property, for which they'd be liable for under the terms of their tenancy agreement.

Whether they're renting a furnished or unfurnished property, we've got tenants covered:

  • £5,000 of cover as standard
  • A choice of 6 or 12 months cover
  • Payment methods to suit all needs and budgets, including monthly or annual direct debit and annual credit or debit card
  • £100 excess per claim

To be eligible for our cover all we ask is that:

  • The tenant has a tenancy agreement in place for the property they're renting
  • The property the tenant is renting is their main residence and within the United Kingdom

We want to let you know...

As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, any loss or damage caused by fire, storm and/or flood or malicious damage and vandalism.

These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Tenant's Liability policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Insurance Product Information Document for Tenants Liability.

Want to Chat?

  • You can call our customer services team on 0345 601 1050
  • We also offer a live chat and bot service to answer any questions you may have
  • Monday - Friday
    8am - 6pm
    9am - 1pm